Newby is a small village on the north side of the A65, between Ingleton and Clapham.
The chapel was built in 1873 by villagers and local farmers, when the congregation became too large to meet in houses. It was enlarged in 1900, when the Sunday School also began. The church has 7 members and a warm welcome is guaranteed!
Special events include an annual BBQ, Harvest Supper and Village Carol Service. Coffee mornings are held on Thursdays (10.30-11.30am).
As well as this, we regularly join with the church of St. James at Clapham for Christmas services, Remembrance Sunday and other events throughout the year, including Songs of Praise and a quarterly Sunday Evening "Church in the Pub" at the New Inn.
On the 1st Sunday of each month, we join with the churches of Clapham, Keasden, Austwick and Eldroth for an hour of informal worship, starting at 6.30 p.m. This includes opening singing and prayer, discussion, an open time of prayer and a closing song.